Our mission here at WEEKLY is to keep your industry knowledge up to date. We will be off Thursday, roasting our turkeys and reminding ourselves that it is not the amino acid tryptophan that makes us drowsy after a Thanksgiving feast—it is the massive carbohydrate intake!
Whether you are awaiting a Thanksgiving holiday or it is business as usual, we have compiled 12 biotech concepts for you to browse.
DRUGS IN DEVELOPMENT
- PD-1 and PD-L1 are hot topics, discover more about check point therapies.
- What is going on with drugs in development for your heart?
- Read how the powerhouse mitochondria opens up a possible pathway.
FDA APPROVED THERAPIES
- Find out about the buzz behind inhalable insulin.
- What are the mechanisms of action for Abilify, Nexium, and Humira?
- ALS ice bucket challenges have almost frozen over, but the science still applies.
- Celiac Disease sufferers want a slice of biotech cake.
- How does Ebola wreak such havoc?
Emily Burke, PhD has worked in biopharma for 20 years, gaining science writing experience at The Scripps Research Institute and Ionis Pharmaceuticals. As a Ph.D. molecular biologist, she is passionate about advancing the public’s understanding of science. In addition to being a self-proclaimed “science geek,” she is regularly asked to speak at international scientific meetings. When not teaching and writing the WEEKLY for Biotech Primer, Dr. Burke swims with her swim club and performs regularly on the improv circuit in San Diego.